Interact brings together an intuitive, configurable PC-based user interface with the voice quality of the Allworx handset to help improve personal productivity and efficiency.
There are two versions of Interact. Interact, a free application available to any Allworx user, displays the inbound caller’s name and number in a discrete pop-up, allowing the user to view and answer incoming calls from their PC.
Interact Professional, a per-user license application, adds multiple active windows for current calls, parked calls, call history, dial pad, system and Outlook contacts, Allworx system user presence and status, and many more.
With Interact Pro, it’s just one click to dial, transfer, or record calls.
How to download Interact and Interact Professional
Both versions are downloaded via the same process outlined below. To enable Interact Professional, your Allworx Server Administrator needs to provision an Allworx Interact Professional license for you.
When you log in after that license becomes available, you will automatically have the Interact Professional version of the application. If no license is available to you, you will see the Interact version of the application.
- Installs without administrator rights.
- Installs into user’s Application Data.
- The application offers to upgrade itself when new versions are available on the Allworx Portal.
- Can be deployed with Group Policy Object (GPO) tools for User installs.
- Cannot be deployed to Windows Terminal Server (Remote Desktop Services).
- Installation requires administrator rights.
- Installs into system’s Program Files.
- The application detects new versions and reminds users that they are available.
- Can be deployed with Group Policy Object (GPO) tools for Computer installs.
- Can be deployed to Windows Terminal Server (Remote Desktop Services) on Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, and 2012R2.
- Allworx Server running software release 7.5 or higher (Allworx recommends system software version 188.8.131.52 or higher).
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit), or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) operating system (.NET 4.5.1 or higher). Interact 184.108.40.206 or higher is required to support Windows 10.
- Hard disk with 37MB of free disk space.
- Monitor resolution 1024x768 (minimum); small fonts.
Configure the following parameters manually within the application:
- Server Address: Ask your Allworx server administrator
- Username: Ask your Allworx server administrator
- Password: Ask your Allworx server administrator
More information on using Allworx Interact is available from: