Interact brings together an intuitive, configurable PC-based user interface with superior voice quality to help improve personal productivity and efficiency.
There are three ways to use Interact:
- Interact, a free application available to any Allworx user. When connected to an Allworx IP phone, displays the inbound caller’s name and number in a discrete pop-up, allowing the user to view and answer incoming calls from their PC.
- Interact Professional, a per-user licensed application. When connected to an Allworx IP phone, adds multiple active windows for current calls, parked calls, call history, dial pad, system and Outlook contacts, Allworx system user presence and status, and many more. With Interact Pro, it’s just one click to dial, transfer, or record calls.
- Interact Softphone, a per-user licensed application. It provides all the functionality of Interact Professional but with a built-in phone, enabling operation with or without an attached desk phone. Interact Softphone provides best-in-class call quality and includes the ability to send and receive voicemail.
How to download Interact
All versions are included in a single installer. Download it using the process outlined below. To enable Interact Professional and Interact Softphone, your Allworx Server Administrator must provision an Interact Professional or Interact Softphone license for you.
When you log in after that license is available, you will automatically have the desired version of the application. If no license is available to you, the basic Interact mode will be available.
- Installs without administrator rights.
- Installs into the user’s Application Data.
- Detects new versions and offers users the option to install the upgrade.
- Can be deployed with Group Policy Object (GPO) tools for User installs.
- Cannot be deployed to Windows Terminal Server (Remote Desktop Services).
- Installation requires administrator rights.
- Installs into the system’s Program Files.
- Detects new versions and reminds users that they are available.
- Can be deployed with Group Policy Object (GPO) tools for Computer installs.
- Can be deployed to Windows Terminal Server (Remote Desktop Services) on Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016, 2019, and 2022.
- Interact and Interact Professional require an Allworx server running System Software release 7.5 or higher (Allworx recommends system software version 8.5 or higher).
- Interact Softphone requires an Allworx Connect server running System Software release 8.6 or higher (Allworx recommends system software version 9.1 or higher).
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit), or Windows 11 operating system (.NET 4.5.1 or higher). Interact 188.8.131.52 or higher is required to support Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Hard disk with 37MB of free disk space.
- Monitor resolution 1024x768 (minimum); small fonts.
Configure the following parameters manually within the application:
- Server Address: Ask your Allworx server administrator
- Username: Ask your Allworx server administrator
- Password: Ask your Allworx server administrator
More information on using Allworx Interact is available from: