Can my PC use the Allworx Interact application, the Call Assistant application, and the TSP (TAPI) driver at the same time?
How are these products related?
Yes. All three products connect to the Allworx server and your Allworx desk phone. The desk phone supports up to three PC clients. We will continue to roll out new functions and features that fit within the flexible customizable interface provided by the Allworx Interact application.
The Allworx Interact application is a comprehensive suite of different applications that:
- enable customizable communications control of your Allworx phone from your PC.
- interfaces to other software, such as importing Microsoft Outlook contacts.
- offers additional features of the Call Assistant application in subsequent releases of the Allworx Interact application.
The Call Assistant application is a legacy phone control product.
- All of the application features are present within the Allworx Interact application, with a more pleasant interface.
- The Call Assistant application does not operate with the Allworx system software 8.0 release.
The Allworx TSP Driver:
- enables Outlook (or other TAPI-compatible applications) to dial an Allworx phone.
- does not present any user interfaces of its own.
The Allworx Interact application limitations: What are the limits on Outlook contact import?
The first release of the Allworx Interact (1.019.0) application has an import limit of 1500 Outlook contacts. The Allworx Interact (184.108.40.206 and later) application can import up to 20,000 Outlook contacts. However; the larger the number of contacts to load from the Outlook application, the longer the Allworx Interact Professional application takes to before using the contacts. The application is available to use immediately.
Why do my fonts look worse on Windows XP than they do on Windows 7?
NOTE: As of January 2015, Allworx no longer supports Windows XP.
Windows XP OS does not enable the ClearType feature (by default). To turn it on:
- Right click on the Windows XP desktop
- Select Properties
- Select Appearance
- Select Effects …
- Place a check mark in the check box next to: "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts:"
- From the pull down menu below, select ClearType
This enables Windows XP to smooth all application fonts throughout the operating system.
Can I use more than one instance of the Allworx Interact application on my computer?
No. If a user has multiple assigned handsets, the user sees a Handset Selection dialog box. Click the drop-down arrow to select an available phone from the list.
Can I use the Allworx Interact or Interact Professional application if my Allworx handset is configured as a remote phone?
Yes. Users can install the Allworx Interact or Interact Professional application, and use it anywhere there is an Allworx handset. The Allworx Interact application does need network connectivity to both your Allworx server and your phone.
Does the Allworx Interact or Interact Professional application work with any Allworx Handset?
Yes. There is no Allworx model handset restriction when using the Allworx Interact application, but it must be used in conjunction with an Allworx handset.
How can I upgrade from the Allworx Interact edition to the Allworx Interact Professional edition?
Contact your Allworx Server Administrator to reserve an Allworx Interact Professional license for you. When the license is available, log out of the
application, and then log back in to the Allworx Interact application. The Allworx Interact Professional application is available for use.
How do I upgrade to a newer version of the Allworx Interact Professional application when it becomes available?
The Allworx Interact Professional application automatically offers to upgrade to a newer version when it detects a new version from
the Allworx Portal. No assistance is required from your Allworx Authorized partner or Server Administrator other than clicking the Yes button.
Are any Allworx Interact Professional licenses available without purchasing a license?
Yes. Each Allworx server running 7.5 software or higher supports one complimentary Allworx Interact professional license. All other Allworx Interact
Professional license keys or license packs require a purchase. Please contact your Allworx Authorized Reseller for more information.
Can I have multiple Allworx Interact Professional application licenses on a single Allworx Server?
Yes. Allworx Interact Professional licenses are available in one, five, and ten device increments. The Allworx Server Administrator can add
licenses, as needed. The Allworx server supports as many different license packs as required. However, the Allworx server does not support the
total number of users with Allworx Interact Professional applications in excess of the total number of Allworx Interact Professional licenses.
Can the Allworx Server Administrator add or change which users are allowed to use the Allworx Interact Professional application without purchasing a
Yes. The Allworx Server Administrator can add, remove, or change ownership of the Allworx Interact Professional license, like desk phones the
Allworx Server Administrator can reassign the ownership to other users. Users whose Allworx Interact Professional license is removed or reassigned
revert to the basic free features of the Allworx Interact application.
I downloaded the Allworx Interact Professional application, but I cannot get it to work. Why?
Verify the following requirements:
- The Allworx server must be running system software release 7.5 or higher. Server 220.127.116.11 or higher is recommended (see the FAQs for Server administrators, below).
- The Allworx Server Administrator must provide each Allworx Interact application user with the static IP address (or DNS name) of the Allworx server. The user enters the IP address information along with the correct user name and password.
- Verify the firewall on the PC enables the Allworx Interact application as an exception. Contact the system administrator.
Can I use the Allworx Interact application to check my voicemail?
No. Both editions do not provide voicemail support such as voicemail indicators or the ability to retrieve a voicemail message.
How do I distinguish between an Allworx server contact and a Microsoft Outlook contact?
The Allworx Interact Professional application displays a red triangle in the upper the left side of the call history and contact listings to indicate an
Allworx business directory contact. A contact without the red triangle is a Microsoft Outlook contact or a number that is not a known contact when in the Call History list.
Can I add or delete Contacts within the Allworx Interact application?
No. All Allworx business directory contacts are from the Allworx server directory. All personal contacts are from the Microsoft Outlook application.
To add, edit, or delete a personal contact, do so within Microsoft Outlook.
How do I add pictures to my contacts?
The Allworx Interact Professional application does not support adding pictures to contacts.
Can I delete a single call in the call history list?
No. The Allworx Interact Professional application only supports clearing the entire Call History.
The Current Calls window does not stay pinned open and keeps closing after my call?
To keep the Current Calls window open at all times, pin the window open when there is no active call. This behavior persists when closing and reopening the Allworx Interact Professional application.
If you do not open and pin the Current Calls window, the window opens automatically during an active call and hides the window when there are no active calls.
Why can't I see the Active System Calls window display?
Contact the Allworx Server Administrator to enable your permissions to manage the window settings.
Why can't I see the Queue Status window?
The Queue Status window requires:
- the Allworx system software 7.7 or higher.
- the user to be an agent or supervisor of the queue.
Why can't I see the Outside Lines window?
The Outside Lines window requires users to have either a virtual or a PFK outside line assigned to their handset.
I am a Queue Supervisor, why am I not seeing the expander button in the Queue Status window for my queue?
One of the following options explains why you are not seeing the expander button in the Queue Status window:
- The queue distribution mode is set to Ring All. Check My Allworx Manager to verify the queue distribution mode. If the queue distribution mode is set to Ring All, contact the Allworx administrator to change the distribution mode.
- The queue distribution mode is set to an Automatic Call Distribution mode (other than Ring All), but there are no agents assigned to the queue. Assign agents to the queue, and the expander button displays.
Why doesn't the scroll wheel on my mouse work in the Queue Status Window?
When the application focus is in the main window, the mouse scroll wheel works on any window (docked or undocked) except for the Queue Status window. To use the mouse scroll wheel in the Queue Status window,
hover the mouse pointer over the Queue Status window scroll bar, and then scroll as usual. Use this workaround each time you use another window, and then you return to the Queue Status window.
Why doesn't the scroll wheel on my mouse work when I click to do an operation in the Queue Status window or Active Calls window?
To use the mouse scroll wheel after performing an operation in the Queue Status window or Active Calls window (docked or undocked):
- Click in the main application window header. Or,
- Click in the Search field of the Contacts window or Call History window.
When launching the Interact Professional application, I saw the message, "There are no audio channels available to record current active calls." What is this message?
The Record All feature is enabled and you are on a conference call. On Allworx 9212 and 9224 phones, the phone is limited to using the Record All feature or originating a three-way conference call but not both options. On Allworx 9202E and 9204 phones, the phone enables using the Record All feature and originating a three-way conference call. If originating a four-way conference call on an Allworx 9202E or 9204 phone, the Record All feature is unavailable.
Why can't I see the Agent: <name> window?
The Agent: <name> window requires:
- Allworx System Software 18.104.22.168 or later.
- Allworx Automatic Call Distribution feature key.
- User assigned as an agent to one or more call queues.
- Handset with an ACD PFK assigned.
I am on a conference call. Why is the End Call > Continue without me button not working?
When on a four-way conference call using an Allworx 9202E or 9204 phone, the "Continue without me" feature does not work because the feature only supports connecting two callers.
Why am I seeing a Welcome to Outlook screen? I don't use Microsoft Outlook.
Interact Professional automatically retrieves contacts from Microsoft Outlook, regardless if there has never been an Outlook profile created.
My Allworx Presence is not changing with my Outlook calendar.
Check the following settings available at Interact Professional > Interact Sync and verify:
- The Presence Synchronizations options check box is enabled (checked).
- The Override options are not enabled (unchecked) - e.g., On Vacation, On Business Trip, or At Home.
- The Appointments and Allworx Presence > Default Presence for calendar appointments: is set to the "Show As" based option.
- The Appointments and Allworx Presence > Do not modify my presence for appointments with a "Show as" value of: overrides are not enabled (unchecked) - Free or Tentative.
In any instance, see the Allworx Interact and Interact Professional Users Guide for more information.
FAQs for Allworx Server Administrators
How are Allworx Interact Professional licenses managed?
Allworx Server Administrators manage the Allworx Interact Professional licenses in two ways:
- Enable user eligibility for the Allworx Interact Professional application on the Allworx server web admin page:
- Allworx system software 7.7 or lower: Home > Business > Users > Modify server admin page, in the Feature Eligibility
- Allworx system software 8.0: Home > Phone System > Users > Modify server admin page, in the Feature Eligibility
- Enabling a user for a licensed feature does not claim a license until the user actually activates it. Eligible users claim licenses on the
next Allworx Interact login, if there are available licenses (first come first serve). The administrative mechanism advantage is that when uninstalling
the Allworx Interact application from one PC, the license becomes available, but the user is still eligible to claim a license from a different PC,
without any Allworx Server Administrator action.
- Reserve a license to guarantee the license is available for a specific user. To reserve an Allworx Interact Professional license:
- Log in to the Allworx server web admin page.
- Navigate to Maintenance > Feature Keys > and click the Allworx Interact Professional link.
- Locate the Allworx Interact Professional heading and click Create.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select a user from the list.
- Click Add to reserve a license for the user.
Allworx recommends that Allworx Server Administrators:
- use feature eligibility option as the primary mechanism to enable user self-management.
- use license reservation to assure critical users a license.
How do I tell users how to set up the Allworx Interact Professional application?
The easiest way to inform users about starting to use the Allworx Interact Professional application is to send a setup link from the
Maintenance > Feature Keys > Allworx Interact admin page. The links include
customized instructions with the IP address and user name as well as a link that imports the setup information for them. Users need
to know their Allworx system password.
I know system software release 7.5 or higher is required. What are the consequences of running something earlier than the
recommended patch release 22.214.171.124?
Server patch releases 126.96.36.199 and later include desk phone bug fixes that improve desk phone operation with the Allworx Interact application.
Using an older version of system software or desk phone firmware may result in some unusual conditions related to holds, hot desking, connecting
after phone reboot. The complete list of pre-188.8.131.52 incompatibilities is in the
Interact Release Notes.
What does the Allworx Interact application need for network or firewall settings?
Allworx Interact applications communicate with the Allworx server via:
- Login and Configuration: TCP/HTTP port 8081
- Presence and Busy Lamp Field handset status: UDP/BLF port 2088
- Desk Phone control: TCP port 2188
Both server and desk phone must be
network-accessible from the PC running the Allworx Interact application.
NOTE: As of January 2015, Allworx no longer supports Microsoft Windows XP.
Microsoft Windows XP operating system users with limited privileges that click the Find Server IP button may experience a firewall exception and
receive an error message. Click OK to close the Windows Security Alert dialog window. Contact the Network/System Administrator responsible for
client PCs on the network for the IP address of the server, and then enter the IP address manually.
Can I obtain an MSI installer for use with Group Policy Object management tools for deployment?
An MSI installer is available for use with Group Policy Object management tools. Download the Allworx Interact application Enterprise Installer at:
The local phone numbers with area codes are not processing properly.
Update the Allworx server Outside Lines setting.
- Open the Allworx server web admin page.
- Navigate to Phone System > Outside Lines.
- Locate the Outside Line and click Modify.
- Locate the Features section, and then uncheck the Send digits as dialed checkbox.
- Click Update.
For more information, see the Allworx System Administrators Guide.
When dialing Contacts numbers through Interact, the number includes the long distance digit extension even though the area code does not require it (local numbers that require area codes but no long distance extension).
Add a new Dial Plan rule for the area code that does not require the long distance extension.
- Open the Allworx server web admin page.
- Navigate to Phone System > Dial Plan > External Dialing Rules > Automatic Route Selection.
- Click add new rule and enter the following information:
- Leading Digits: <enter the area code>
- Total Digits: 10
- Delete Leading Digits: 1
- Insert Leading Digits: 0
- Append Trailing Digits: 0
- Service Group: <select from the drop-down list>
For more information, see the Allworx System Administrators Guide.